Free Photo Editing Software. [FREE APP Vs PHOTOSHOP & LIGHTROOM]

 I know a lot of people is not aware of this... & that you get a free photo editing software with  with every sony alpha camera... & its not just a regular photo editing software you can compare it with photoshop or lightroom if you plan to buy it,  you'll have to spend a minimum of $250 & this also comes in subscribtion based billing just like adobe suits but you can also buy it..



Free Photo Editing Software. [FREE APP Vs PHOTOSHOP & LIGHTROOM]


 Sony has tied up with this company  & made this software available for free of cost for anyone who buys any of the sony alpha camera... its called "Capture One Express For Sony" you must have heard about this software its a very good photo editing software most of the professional photographers prefers to use it you can edit jpeg as well as RAW photos in it for those who were struglling to find a good  photo editing software  there search ends here... in todays video I'll show you from where you can download it how you can install it on your PC i am using windows PC but this is compitable with apple as well I will also give you a basic overview of this software like how to import photos, how to edit images its interface, color filters etc  & finally how to export your photo I ll just touch on the basic guys...just to get you going if you are intrested in this topic... 


Now first we'll type "capture one pro for sony free" from the results you will click on the link  from phaseone site  you'll get to capture one pro website.. on this page you'll click on "Capture One Express" & once you reach here.. you'll choose "for Sony" option here we will click on "Get it here' option and then once you reach on this page... 


 You will choose the Express version only.. beause thats the free version here you'll get all these features with the free version we'll click on "get free software" here I will enter my email ID & password I would recommend you to register with  their website before starting this process I am already registered so i'll enter my ID & password you require to fill in some basic details on this page like your photography skills, photography field etc after filling the details you can proceed further & then you'll be presented with the license key  to your free copy of software you'll need this key during the installation.. so keep it safe & here you can see the download has already been started once the download is finished.. 


 I'll double click on it.. it will guide you thourgh the process during the installation installation process has completed I'll check launch now & click on the finish button here you need to put the license key... & here you will enter you registered email & passowrd & then you can click on the activate button I am getting this error..because I had an  older version of capture one on my system I'll cancle it coz I have already removed that copy now the software will ask you to create a catalogue so I;ll create a test catalogue here catalogue is a database where all you photos gets stored & this is the interface of the software to import the photos we can either click on top left or at the center button here we'll select the folder from where i want to import the photos.


 Now if you want to import all the photos just click on import all or else you can select the desered photos & then choose import images you can see the import process has started you can also see the photos preview below now we can perform the editing on these photos as i told you it can also edit raw photos here you can see that sony ARW file along with JPG on top right hand cornder... there is this Q = quick menu you'll get all the editing tools in this menu white balance, exposure, HDR & others.. you can get into each catagory & play with different sliders you also get an auto adjust tool here with jsut one click it will auto edit your photo here you go here you can see the before and after auto adjustment you get this option just in case you want a quick fix you can also enable / disable different parameters of this auto adjust tool...by going under drop down you can uncheck all the parameters which you dont want to be auto adjusted so let me do some basic editing with a photo here I will start with cropping this photo using this crop tool on the top.


 I'll hit the enter to crop the photo now I work little bit on the tones  if you go to this "adjustment" option you'll get some builtin presets...or photo filters  you can use them with your photos.. there are lots of options available there you can select a filter as per your taste .. by just clicking on it I'll go with this one here after the filter I'll do little more tweaking  I'll go back to quick menu & adjust the exposure & contrast now my image is ready for export now I'll click on this export button on top left corner here is the export menu you'll choose the destination folder by going here you can also change the name of your photos  here you can adjust the photo quality or file size  as i am going to use it for web so I'll reduce its quality so what do you think about today's blog guys.. if you have any question.. Please comment below and I'll reply as soon as I can incase you want quicker reply to your query like I do all the times... you can follow me here on my Instagram & DM me your query there & you'll get a quicker reply you can also share you screenshots there.

Previous
Next Post »